Q: How can I view the status of my order?
A: Go to the Customer Service, Account Information page. This page lists all your orders. Click the date of the order whose status you wish to view.
Q: Sales Tax?
A: Any order shipped within Massachusetts or picked up at our Wilmington warehouse is subject to Massachusetts Sales Tax.
- Massachusetts non-profits need to contact a Joslin representative and send in a copy of their original ST-2 as well as a copy of their latest renewal letter & a filled out ST-5 form. Once this is done a tax exempt account will be setup online for all future purchases.
- Massachusetts resellers - YOU MUST BE A DISPLAY FIXTURE RESELLER who will collect sales tax on the resold fixtures. We require your ST-1 and a ST-4. Please contact a Joslin representative to setup your online account.
- If you are using these products in your store, you are considered the "end user" and are REQUIRED to pay the sales tax under Massachusetts law. Reseller certificates are only valid on the products you sell to your customers and thus charge them sales tax on.
At this time, no sales tax is collected for orders shipping to addresses outside of the state of Massachusetts - unless specifically listed in the description of an individual item.
Q: What are your shipping costs?
A: You can view an estimate of shipping costs by viewing your cart. Final shipping costs will be displayed on the Invoice you see before confirming your order.
Joslin may contact you after an order is placed and/or shipped for additional shipping costs if: An order is shipped to a residential address when a commercial address was selected at checkout, redelivery/address correction costs due to incorrect shipping address on the order, redelivery or return costs for an order being refused upon delivery attempt without having obtained a Return Authorization from Joslin, and/or other freight company charges/fees that were not quoted and authorized by Joslin (for example using a liftgate or requesting an inside delivery among others) prior to order completion & shipment.
Q: When I go to checkout, my shipping costs seem very high?
A: Unfortunately in the last couple of years, we have seen a sharp rise in freight costs across the board. Besides traditional factors such as gas prices or labor availability there are been 2 significant changes to the freight industry that has effected Joslin's products:
- First both Fedex and UPS have lowered the box length for additional oversized charges. Any box now shipping over 48" has an additional fee of about $13 (included in the shipping estimate). Boxes over 96" now have an $80 fee (included in the shipping estimate). We have been working hard to redesign products to avoid these fees. Please look for those items on our site.
- Second, the LTL trucking industry has had new government regulations trucking companies are required to meet. This has caused many smaller & regional carriers to either be bought out or close down. This factor along with a nationwide shortage of drivers, has caused LTL freight costs to rise as well.
At Joslin, we work hard to find the best freight options on our orders and strive to make sure our site offers the most accurate freight estimates. However sometimes our website is unable to calculate the correct freight costs (shipping multiple boxes instead of one, shipping UPS when LTL would be cheaper or shipping from the wrong distribution warehouse) and thus it will over estimate your freight quote. If you feel your freight estimate is much more expensive than it should be, please contact a Joslin representative before placing your order.
Q: Can I pickup my order?
A: Joslin allows pickups of items in stock at our Wilmington Massachusetts warehouse. A pickup option is not currently offered for orders placed on our website. Please contact a Joslin representative and we assist you with your pickup order.
In some cases, items we do not normally stocked in Wilmington, may be able to be backordered and brought in on our next inbound shipment. Once again please contact a Joslin representative to assist you with this option.
Please note, non-stocked backordered items need to be prepaid before they will be placed backordered and are considered Special Orders and thus are non- returnable. Larger items like showcases may also carry an additional freight fee.
All orders picked up or shipped within Massachusetts are charged Massachusetts Sales Tax.
Q: How soon will I receive my order?
A: Most orders ship with 24 hours and usually take 1-7 days to arrive. Joslin does it's best to offer the lowest costing & fastest shipping options from distribution warehouses all across the United States. Most orders are received in 2-3 days.
Expedited shipping options are available for both small package and LTL shipments. These guaranteed shipping methods are subject to the freight carriers terms & conditions and may become void due to things like severe weather.
Q: What to do if an Item(s) are damaged in shipping?
A: All shipping damages must be reported within 5 business days. We strongly recommend opening boxes and inspecting products immediately upon receipt. If a box or item is visibly damaged when being delivered, it is important to tell the delivery driver that you want to sign for the item as damaged. Drivers may make note of the damage on paperwork/electronic pad, please verify that you agree to what damages and how many items look damaged before signing. Even if the product inside looks undamaged, it's best to mark any damages to the shipping boxes in case damage is found later once unpacked. If possible, before unpacking, please take photos of the physical damage to the outside of the box. Once unpacked, if possible, please take photos of the damages to the product. Please email these photos along with your order number & contact information to [email protected] Please hold on to all boxes, packing material and damaged items until a representative from Joslin gives you instructions for them. At times, shipping companies may come to inspect or pickup the damaged items. Until they decide this, we ask that all packing & damaged items be held at the delivery location.
Q: I am missing part of my order or a part of an item?
A: Depending on the item and/or available stock and/or shipping address, orders may be split up into multiple shipments arriving at different times. Sometimes this is done to offer the fastest/lowest freight costs if we are able to ship items form a location closer to you. Other times this is due to item availability.
- Please first refer to the packing list on the received shipment. If you do not see and item you ordered listed there then it's most likely arriving in a separate shipment from a different shipping location. An item may also be listed but shown as being "backordered", if this is the case and you were unaware of this item having been backordered, please contact a Joslin representative.
- Some items/shipments ship in multiple boxes, despite these having shipped from the same location, on the same day, they were somehow separated in the freight carrier's possession. Often you can see that there are additional boxes by the shipping labels (1 of 3) or Bill of Lading paperwork (pallet 1 of 2). We ask that unless you are time constrained, please wait an extra day before contacting Joslin to see if the missing shipment is delivered.
- If you received a damaged box or pallet that is missing an item, please follow the damaged shipment instructions above and contact a Joslin representative immediately.
- If you received a undamaged box with an item that would not ship separately (for example the hand of a mannequin) please contact a Joslin representative immediately.
- Please open and inspect all items upon receipt. Replacing a missing or defective part will only be honored up to 14 days after delivery.
Q: What is your return policy?
A: Mannequins, Slatwall, FOB, Closeouts & Special Order Items are not returnable, other unused, undamaged goods may be returned at customers shipping expense in it's original packaging within 7 days for a refund. A call tag can be issued and sent from Joslin, however the freight costs will be deducted from the return credit.
After 7 days there will be a 20% restocking charge along with a merchandise credit only. There is a 30 day limit on all returns. Please call for RA number before you return any goods.
Q: What does FOB Origin Mean?
A: FOB Origin (also known as Freight on Board Origin or Free on Board) means the buyer assumes ownership of the product once it has shipped for the shipping origin. Items marked FOB Origin or FOB Factory are noncancelable nor returnable once the order has shipped. Please refer to the Damaged or Missing items sections for issues with a FOB shipment.
Q: What is a Special Order Item?
A: Special Order items are usually items that requires partial or complete custom manufacturing. Due to their nature, they usually require additional time to manufacture and ship. Joslin does it's best to offer realistic manufacturing times, however the final manufacturing time is determined by our vendors. Special Order items are Not Returnable.
Q: I don't see what I'm looking for on the website or I would like to "customize" an item?
A: There are lots of display options out in the retail world. We here at Joslin work hard to offer the best products at competitive prices while keeping up with design & industry trends. We are constantly updating and adding new products to our website, however if you do not see what you are looking for or would like to find out about "customizing" one of our products; Please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-325-1030. If possible please include a photo or the item number of the product you are referencing.
Q: What is your warranty policy?
A: Joslin Displays Inc. warrants that all of the goods sold by it are free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. The foregoing warranties are in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. Including but not limited to the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. The foregoing warranties are void if the goods have not been used, cared for and maintained or if the goods have been otherwise unreasonable used, neglected, mishandled, or improperly serviced or stored or if the goods have been damaged by accident or other casualty.
Certain products offered by Joslin include a manufacture's warranty. These warranties are between the manufacturer and the consumer. Please read and follow the manufacturer's warranty instructions and contact the manufacturer directly with any questions.
No employee or representative of Joslin Displays Inc. has authority to bind Joslin Displays Inc. to any representation, promise or warranty concerning the goods. Unless a representation, promise or warranty is set forth in this instrument it is not enforceable by the customer. The customers sole and exclusive remedy against Joslin Displays Inc. for breach of any warranty will be for the repair or replacement or refund at the option of Joslin Displays Inc., upon the customers return to Joslin Displays of the goods. No other remedy, including but no limited to compensation for property damage, lost profits, lost sales, installation costs, or incidental or consequential damages, will be available to the customer.
Claims under the foregoing warranties must be made by obtaining the prior Return Authorization (RA) and shipping instructions of Joslin Displays and returning the defective goods in accordance with Joslin Display's policies then in effect. This paragraph constitutes the complete and final expression of any and all warranty agreements between Joslin Displays Inc. and the customer notwithstanding any usage of trade, course of dealing or documents sent to Joslin Displays Inc. by the customer.