Joslin Displays Inc. was founded in 1893 as the Joslin Showcase & Fixture Company in Boston, Ma by Mr. Joslin. In 1946 Window Art and Display was founded in Boston Ma by Nicholas Petrucci Sr. and Fred Colman both former window trimmers for C.F. Huvy’s Department store. Mr. Joslin died in 1949 and the company passed to his nephew Mr. Ralf Ferdinand meanwhile Mr. Petrucci had bought out his partner and approached Mr. Ferdinand about a merger In 1949 the two companies merged to form Joslin Displays Inc located at the corner of Kingston and Essex Street (the name is still in the sidewalk) in Boston Ma. In 1951 Mr. Petrucci purchased Mr. Ferdinand’s shares and in 1957 Joslin moved to its new location at 119 Lincoln Street in Boston (during this period of time there were 8 display and fixture companies located within a 3 block area).
Then in 1978 with increasing congestion and virtually no parking the company made the bold move of moving away from the city to Medford, Ma where it remained until 2001. Nicholas C. Petrucci Jr started working for Joslin part time in 1968 then upon graduating from college assumed the management of Joslin (due to the illness of his Father) in 1974. With the market changing and with more and more business being conducted through the internet a decision was made that the 12,500 sq ft showroom was no longer needed and the company moved in 2001 to Reading Ma.
Soon after the move the area was redeveloped into more retail use forcing yet another move. The search was conducted trying to find a location close to major highways with plenty of parking and warehouse space leading to our current headquarters at 10 Upton Drive #8 in Wilmington a few miles North of Rte. 95 a few miles south of Rte. 495 and within ½ mile off exit # 41 from Rte. 93.
Joslin continues today with its tradition of helping retail businesses grow by providing outstanding customer service backed by reliable products, an experienced staff, a large on hand inventory and competitive prices.